‘Capable and intelligent’ Glasgow nurse dies of accidental prescription drug overdose


A nurse died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

Danielle Mather’s partner performed CPR and called 999 after finding her unconscious at home.

The 33-year-old from Glasgow was rushed to hospital but unfortunately could not be rescued and died the next day.

An investigation last week ruled that there was no third-party involvement in his death, although police initially arrested his 34-year-old partner on suspicion of attempted murder, Stoke on Trent Live reports.

The tragedy unfolded at Danielle’s home in Stoke on Trent in November of last year.

Sign up for News bulletins live from Glasgowfor more tracks straight to your inbox

DC Bleaze Johnson, of Staffordshire Police CID, said police were called by paramedics. “Police have been contacted due to differences in the words of Danielle’s partner,” DC Johnson said. “He was arrested at the time for attempted murder. At that time he was referred to CID.”

The investigation enabled police to examine the house and investigate the neighbors. Following Danielle’s death, a forensic autopsy was performed.

He revealed that the cause of his death was brain damage caused by his cardiac arrest. This had been caused by a combination of the sedating effect of various drugs she had taken – which were found to be at levels above usual therapeutic use – and aspiration, meaning she had inhaled vomit in their airways, causing pneumonia.

DC Johnson said: “The conclusion was that there was no criminal involvement in her death. Unfortunately, due to the combination of drugs she was taking, she suffered cardiac arrest.”

Danielle first worked as a caregiver before obtaining a nursing degree. She was separated from her husband and had seen her partner for several months.

She suffered from anxiety and depression, but was offered a new job shortly before her death.

North Staffordshire Assistant Coroner Sarah Murphy has found Danielle’s death to be drug-related.

She said: “It is clear that Danielle was a very competent and intelligent woman who had found her place in life by taking care of people. She was able to apply for a nursing degree, which is not no small task.

“It makes her death all the more tragic. She died too soon.”

Danielle’s family had previously paid tribute to her. They said, “Danielle was a kind, outgoing and loving person who listened to anyone who needed time.

“She had traveled to various parts of the world and then moved to Stoke-on-Trent after studying at university.

“She will be sadly missed by her family and friends and left a huge void in our lives.”

[ad_2]Source link

About Alex S. Crone

Check Also

Now is not the time for the CDC to relax opioid prescribing guidelines

[ad_1] Contact: Communications Office NewsMedia@flhealth.gov 850-245-4111 This month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention …