TULSA, Okla. – A prescription drug recovery event is scheduled for residents to properly dispose of unwanted medications and prescription drugs on Saturday, April 30, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at several Tulsa-area locations:
- The Met Recycling Center, 3495 S. Sheridan Road
- Reasor’s, 3915 S. Peoria Ave.
- Reasor’s (sharps site), 7114 S. Sheridan Road
- Reasor’s, 11116 S. Memorial Drive, Bixby
- Reasor’s, 11550 N. 135th East Ave.
- Walgreens, 2323 W. Edison St.
- Crime Stoppers at Promenade Mall (northwest parking lot), 4107 S. Yale Ave.
- Elks Lodge Tulsa, 5335 S. Harvard Ave.
- News on 6, 303 N. Boston Ave.
- Sand Springs Police Department, 602 W. Morrow Road
For more information, call (918) 595-4475.
It is best to properly dispose of medications and do not flush them down the toilet. Wastewater treatment plants are not designed to remove the chemicals found in many medications, and these chemicals could flow into waterways if the medications are not disposed of properly.
Unwanted prescription drugs are accepted at the Tulsa Police Division Headquarters and the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office at all times of the year. Locations and times include:
- Tulsa Police Gilcrease Division, 3436 N. Delaware Ave., 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Tulsa Mingo Valley Division Police, 10122 E. 11th St., 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Tulsa Police Riverside Division, 7515 S. Riverside Drive, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Tulsa County Sheriff, 303 W. First St., 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
©2022 Cox Media Group